Everyone seems to have a cell phone in their hand. Nothing seems to be able to wait. Everything seems to be urgent, and the ability to deal with things right away makes everyone believe that they should take care of even the most menial of tasks right away, even when driving.
It seems as though all of the campaigns designed to make society aware of the dangers of texting while driving are falling on deaf ears. People haven’t accepted personal responsibility for the immense amount of texting and driving that goes on. That is why, at any given point, hundreds of thousands of people sitting behind the wheel of a moving vehicle have their cell phones in their hands and are reading or sending a text message. This results in a very hazardous situation.
If you or a loved one was injured in a texting while driving accident in Bucks County, you might be eligible to pursue compensation for lost wages and medical bills. A Bucks County texting and driving accident lawyer from the Law Offices of Eugene Gitman can guide you on how to build your case and serve as your legal representative. Call 215-660-4411 for a free consultation.
Texting and Driving Accident Lawyer Bucks County
Here are some interesting statistics that help illustrate the magnitude of the problem:
- Cell phone use while driving leads to 1.6 million crashes each year, according to the National Safety Council.
- 94% of drivers are in favor of a ban on texting while driving.
- There are close to 390,000 injuries each year as a result of texting and driving accidents.
- 25% of car accidents in this country are caused by texting while driving.
- Driving Drunk results in fewer accidents than those caused by texting while driving.
- Reading a text takes about five seconds. If you are traveling at 55 mph, that’s enough time to travel the length of a football field.
- Texting is by far the most dangerous activity of all cell phone-related tasks.
- 35% of teenage drivers admit to texting while driving, even though they know it’s not something they should do.
- 77% of adults and 55% of teenage drivers say that they are absolutely confident they can manage to text while driving.
- Texting while driving causes a 400% increase in time spent with a driver’s eyes off the road.
- Over 1,600 children are killed each year in car crashes involving someone that was texting while driving.
By doing a quick internet search, you can easily find an enormous number of examples of texting and driving accidents. It seems as if this topic is constantly in the news.
Get Legal Help for a Texting and Driving Car Accident
Were you or someone you love injured or killed by a driver who was texting while driving in Bucks County, Pennsylvania? Were there injuries or property damage? There’s no need for you to confront this issue on your own. You have rights that need to be protected, and the right legal help by your side is precisely what you need at this time.
The Law Offices of Eugene Gitman will provide you with the legal help you need. Reach out to them and make an appointment for an initial free consultation. Your case will be heard by a Car Accident Lawyer in Bucks County and you will be advised as to the best way to proceed.